Dedicated online graphics design
This Sankey diagram was inspired by a data chart published on Chicago Tribune. The chart to the right looked great on paper, but why became hard to read on screen? There are a few reasons:
- The paragraph texts are too small and the leading is too tight.
- The newspaper's column-based layout works against webpage's division-based layout.
- The colors aren't optimized for digital display.
- Replace graphical texts with HTML texts with proper font sizes and leading.
- Break the combo chart into individual graphic elements, then rearrange them using HTML elements.
- Find a LCD friendly color scheme on ColorBrewer.